- Andritz Küsters, one of the leading suppliers worldwide of calender technology for the textiles, nonwovens, and paper industries, has developed an innovative calender concept for the growth market technical textiles, incorporating proven technologies from the production of paper and nonwovens. The new teXcal trike technology (patent application is ongoing) will be available for customer trials in a pilot plant at the technical center of Andritz Küsters in Krefeld, Germany, as from the end of this year.
- Bekaert is continuously investing in new technologies that advance the customers’ competitive edge. One of the latest accomplishments is SiroLock® doffer and worker wire for nonwoven and long staple roller cards. This revolutionary new card wire is designed with a unique step that will significantly enhance both your web quality and productivity of your cards.
- Tatham Ltd, a UK-based specialist textile machinery company, has in response to industry demand developed the technology to provide higher production speeds with improved product weight distribution for crosslapper control. The system can be retrofitted to all makes of crosslappers.
- For more than 55 years Neumag, Business Unit Fibres and Nonwoven of Oerlikon Saurer Textile, has been standing for strict customer orientation and long lasting reliable equipment in the worldwide synthetic fibre and nonwoven industry.
- As of 1 January 2007 Andritz Küsters GmbH & Co KG, Krefeld, have entered into an exclusive co-operation agreement with regard to sales, production and installation of wet-laid nonwoven production installations with PILL Nassvliestechnik GmbH, Reutlingen.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...