- In India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and many other countries still many conventional calenders are in use. Those calenders were originally from England, Italy, Germany and other countries. They are very old, many decades old, calenders with bush bearings and leaver loading system having AC motor drives.
- Jiangyin No 4 Textile Machinery Manufacturing Co Ltd, which is represented in India by EAT India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai offers SHGA215, which is an electronic-controlled sectional warping and beaming machine.
- Compressed air, also referred to as the "4th Utility" (after electricity, water & steam) can play a significant role in preparing industries for global competition. It is required at every manufacturing stage in the textile industry.
- Bedding encasings are a great relief to those suffering from house dust allergies. Barrier textiles prevent the smallest particles of mite faeces and the allergens contained within them getting into indoor air. The effectiveness of encasings can be established in many different ways. The experts in the specialist "Function and Care" department at the Hohenstein Institute in Bönnigheim also investigate the comfort of the encasings.
- Teijin Fibres Limited has announced a new polyester fabric that offers total comfort during perspiration through enhanced absorption, quick drying and prevention of both chill and stickiness. Teijin fibres will launch the new fabric for all-season sportswear targeting the fall/winter 2013 and spring/summer 2014 seasons, as well as for casual wear and uniforms.
- Decades of proven reliability are testimony to the quality of the Sullair Air-end. Although the principle of rotary screw compression remains the same, Sullair is continually improving materials, design and engineering for its air-end and compressor packages.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...