- AMF Reece, which participated at the CISMA Show, held in Shanghai between 22nd and 24th September, displayed 10 special applications machines including the new models that were successfully introduced at the IMB show this April.
- LA Meccanica's autocutting plant has the following purpose: To check manually or automatically the quality of the fabric; To prepare automatically the optimisation of the cut disposition according to the kind and position of the defects; To drive the automatic rolling and cutting machine accordingly to the optimised disposition of cut; To divide and roll up separately first quality and second quality.
- LECTRA, the world leader in integrated technology solutions dedicated to the soft goods industries, announces the new version of Optiplan, the most powerful and comprehensive cut-order planning and optimising software.
- AS an alternative to table printing, Workhorse Products offers its Model 10008 All Heads Down eight-colour/eight-station manual press. This type of press has a unique floating head design that allows an operator to be positioned at each station printing simultaneously. Depending on the type of job, this can increase your production over the more popular rotary method.
- Researchers from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)'s Institute of Textiles and Clothing have recently developed "An intelligent Simulator for Cross-selling & Up-selling using Smart Fitting Room & Smart Dressing Mirror".
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...