- With the next edition of Labelexpo Europe around the corner (24 - 27 September, Brussels), Mike Fairley looks at how label printing technology has changed over the years and considers some of the press investment decisions that label converters are facing today.
- Inkjet Forum India organised its workshop on Digital Textile Printing recently at The Gateway Athwalines, Surat, which was co-presented by MS srl & Fujifilm Dimatix with Atexco as the platinum partner.
- In the globalisation era, the growing international competition has put a lot of pressure on the manufacturing and service industries to produce products/services with a good quality and competitive price. Therefore the need is to make continuous improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- The Swiss yarn manufacturer Hermann Bühler AG was the very first company worldwide to receive a certificate for sustainable textile production in line with the certification system "Sustainable Textile Production (STeP) by OEKO-TEX®".
- Rahul Mishra was announced recently as the winner of the India & Middle East selection for the 2013/14 International Woolmark Prize, during the award event held at the beautiful Leela Hotel in India.
- The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL) has released a Benchmarking Study of Production Costs in India vis-à-vis Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and Turkey at a function held at Hotel Le Meridien in New Delhi recently.
- The Association of Textile, Apparel & Materials Professionals (AATCC), USA will partner with Bangalore-India based TecniTex Nonwovens Pvt Ltd, in conducting a major international conference on "Advances in Fibers, Finishes, Technical Textiles and Nonwovens (AFFTN)," to be held October 1 - 2, 2013 in Mumbai, India.
- The latest issue of the annual PCI Fibres Red Book shows global fibres demand to have reached 82.1 million tons in 2012, with estimates at the half-year point putting the figure at 85.8 million tons for 2013.
- TAI-Ahmedabad Unit organised the first conference kick-starting the Platinum Jubilee celebration by hosting a two-day International Conference titled “Challenges Facing Indian Cotton - BACK TO GLORY”.
- The first official presentation worldwide of the new OEKO-TEX® certification system for sustainable production (STeP) at the Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong on 26th March 2013 was met with great interest.
- The Society of Dyers and Colourists, India (SDC EC) organised its 10th International Conference themed "Cleaner Technologies for Textile Processing...For a Greener Tomorrow" recently at The Club, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Techtextil in Frankfurt provided the framework for this year’s award ceremony of the Walter Reiners-Stiftung (Foundation) of the German Textile Machinery Industry, honouring three successful junior engineers.
- WEAVETECH13, a one-day exhibition of weaving machines, related equipments & services under one roof focussed on the vital area of Bhiwandi & Ulhasnagar, will be held at the Hotel TIPTOP Plaza, Thane on September 21st, 2013.
- The World Trade Organisation's Director-General Pascal Lamy, at the 2013 Brussels Economic Forum Third Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa Lecture recently said that “the economic crisis in Europe is in reality the backdrop of a wider and deeper European crisis: a crisis in the very soul of European integration.” He added that "European leaders must lead from the front and they must start soon."
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...