- Nearly 100 upstream yarns and fibre suppliers from all over India as well as countries like China, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, etc will take part in the 5th Edition of Yarnex - the India International Yarn Exhibition to be held from September 19 - 21, 2013 at the India Knit Fair Complex at Tirupur near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Tirupur textile industry has lost the shine that it had once, mainly due to a flood of lower-priced goods from countries like Bangladesh, infrastructural bottlenecks, dilemma over dyeing issues and Government's apathy.
- Italian textile machinery industry has achieved a 12% overall growth in new orders recorded for the second quarter of 2013, thanks to foreign markets ( +14%), and also a near stable domestic market (-1%).
- A.T.E. Group has nearly 50 foreign tie-ups with giants in textile technology to serve the Indian industry. In the recent times, the group has also found some very worthy tie-ups in China and has partnered with major companies from that country for the Indian market.
- ITM Texpo 2013, which concluded recently in Istanbul, was held along with Hightex, an exclusive exhibition for technical textiles and Eurasia, devoted to innovations in yarns. Troubles in countries like Syria, and other political unrest in some Arab nations, dampened the spirit of exhibitors. However, with quality visitors pouring in on the last two days, ITM 2013 was declared successful by the organisers.
- The 4 companies Bräcker, Graf, Novibra and Suessen joined their sales forces, uniting the world's leading brands for the supply of technology components to the textile industry, forming the only global provider of components for all spinning technologies.
- The Techtextil will feature around 40 Italian textile machinery manufacturers. Thirteen of these companies will be exhibiting their know-how at Meeting Point Italia, an exhibition space set up by the ICE – the Italian Trade Promotion Agency, and ACIMIT, the Association of Italian Textile Machinery Manufacturers (Hall 3.0, Stand B08).
- Stäubli will present a selection of technical fabrics that have been produced on various textile machines in conjunction with Stäubli products such as dobbies, Jacquard machines, warp drawing-in or tying equipment, and of course Schönherr weaving systems.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...