- Airbag fabric must be able to withstand the immense pressure exerted when the gas generator is activated, and flat woven fabrics, which are silicone-coated to provide the desired air permeability and heat resistance are employed to make frontal airbag.
- KCT-TIFAC CORE in Textile Technology & Machinery jointly with Department of Fashion & Textile Technology of Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore organised a one-day National Conference on “Recent Developments in Machinery, Process and Products in Nonwovens“ recently at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Toho Tenax Co Ltd has announced the establishment of Toho Tenax Singapore Pte Ltd in Singapore to strengthen group business operations in India and the ASEAN region, where the demand for carbon fibre is expected to increase rapidly.
- Teijin Limited announced today that it has developed a new type of meta-aramid fibre offering the world’s highest level of heat resistance combined with excellent dyeablility, which the company will produce in a facility to be built in Ayutthaya Province, Thailand.
- Man-made fibres are integral to the lives we lead today. While they have primarily been used in technical clothing and home textiles, the broad range of fibres now available are increasingly used to develop high-tech textiles for use in the automotive and construction industries.
- AATCC will partner with Bangalore-India based TecniTex Nonwovens Pvt Ltd, in conducting a major international conference on “Advances in Fibers, Finishes, Technical Textiles and Nonwovens (AFFTTN),” to be held October 1 - 2, 2013 in Mumbai, India.
- A strong presence of international visitors and exhibitors, along with the prestigious IDEA13 Achievement Awards, were among the many highlights of the highly successful IDEA13 International Engineered Fabrics Conference and Exposition, held from April 22nd to 25th, 2013 in Miami Beach, Florida USA.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...