- Embroidery threads can be made from natural fibres like cotton, silk, wool as well as from synthetic fibres like PET, nylon, nomex, viscose rayon depending upon type of embroidery and area of application.
- Thermal comfort is associated with changes in many physiological and environmental variables and discussed the mechanism of thermal comfort and fabric properties like insulation, moisture vapour permeability, waterproofing and processes involved in moisture transmission through textiles.
- Fashion illustrations bring about the imaginative ideas of fashion designers into visual picture and they are scholastically sound and beneficial to fashion designer and product development in terms of style interpretation, costing and manufacturing and provide greater aesthetic value for appreciation.
- The world of international children's fashion will have its sights on Cologne from July 11th - 13th, 2013, when the Koelnmesse and the fashion and lifestyle magazine, Luna, will be inviting the fashion trade to attend the premiere of the Children's Fashion Cologne.
- In order to provide optimum support to care homes for ensuring the hygiene safety of textiles from care home residents, the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services created the quality certification mark RAL-GZ 992/4 Clothing of Care Home Residents.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...