- In cotton/spandex single jersey fabrics, bursting strength, fabric weight, crease recovery and pilling resistance rating can be improved significantly by increasing the Lycra ratio, but air permeability and dimensional stability of the fabrics decrease.
- Regression model as well as ANN can be used for the prediction of finished width of the single jersey cotton knitted fabric from the input machine and knitting parameters, and prediction by ANN is more accurate than those obtained from multiple linear regression models.
- The Taiwan-based Jiunn Long Machines, which are marketed in India by the Delhi-based Dipti International are built with robust structure for a longer life. The cam block is designed for 2 tracks on dial and 4 tracks on cylinder offered as standard equipment, is more flexible and economic to the knitters where 2 x 2 machine is existed.
- MACH2X is the latest addition to Shima Seiki's line of WHOLEGARMENT speciality machines that features 4 needle beds and Shima Seiki's original SlideNeedle. It can knit beautifully shaped, high-quality WHOLEGARMENT products, which conform to the body for improved comfort and a more elegant silhouette. As the "MACH" name suggests, speed and productivity are dramatic. MACH2X achieves a maximum knitting speed of 1.6 metres per second.
- Under the banner Kern-Liebers Textile, a range of its companies manufacture sinkers, needles, assemblies, pin plates, pinned rollers and combing products for the international textile machine engineering and textile industries.
- Bangladesh is offering KARL MAYER plenty of prospects for success, and the DGT 2012 held recently in Bangladesh was a good opportunity for the company to make its presence felt. The Warp Knitting Business Unit was exhibiting in conjunction with its agent, Pacific Associates.
- With the expanded stitch-bonding process extended to include a shift of the needle bar making a free positioning of layers in multi-plies achievable, it is now possible to produce symmetrically arranged multi-plies in a single step, independent of the restrictions of standard knitting patterns.
- In the prediction of tensile properties of cotton-covered spandex yarn, the ANN model shows considerable lower mean square error (MSE) than the multiple regression analysis in both testing and training data.
- A favourable development is that both USA and EU are inclined to offer India a zero-for-zero tariff, and although the modalities are yet to be worked out, implementation of this should help India move a couple of notches up the WTO ladder.
- With the help of a new experimental procedure based on image processing of plain knitted fabrics, the authors reveal the importance of yarn twist, stitch length, yarn tension and feeder density in promoting fabric spirality.
- One way of constructing a physiologically functional bi-layer fabric is to use on the inside, a synthetic material with good moisture transfer properties in association with an outside material, which is a good absorber of moisture.
The per capita nonwoven fabric consumption in India, which was 155 gm sometime ago, is expected to touch to 350 gm by 2015 and 600 gm by 2020, whereas the per capita consumption of nonwovens in developed markets such as US and Western Europe is around 3 - 3.5 kg. The global market for nonwovens is around...
Eco textile processing & its role in sustainable development
Years of human ignorance has diminished our natural resources and aged our planet. Now, people are making an effort to change the way they are treating the planet. Being more environmentally conscious about the impact materials used for fashion...
Techno-economics of woven silk union fabrics
From the field survey and interactions held with the exporters, it is observed that new product development is the prime area that should be concentrated for future expansion of the silk industry (Naik 2010). Consumer markets are changing fast, with rapid growth in...